The most popular Peruvian restaurants around the world
The exquisite flavor of Peruvian cuisine has met with international success. In 2015, Peru was named “world’s leading culinary destination” at the World Travel Awards, one of the most recent of the many distinctions it has received over the years.
Peru’s culinary heritage has given it a wide range of unique flavors and ingredients, which have allowed its fame and reputation to spread beyond its borders to position itself in other countries. The flavor of Peruvian food gained its vitality during colonial times through the fusion of the culinary traditions of immigrants from Spain, China, Japan, Italy, Africa and indigenous Peru.
Peruvian food today
Peruvian cuisine has flourished in recent years because of the diversity of dishes served at restaurants around the world. These include Peruvian-Oriental fusion dishes, such as maki and chifa, Italian-Peruvian food such as mondonguito a la italiana (Italian-style tripe), tagliatelle with pesto, among other delicious combinations.
In the 80s and 90s, the flavors of Peruvian food made their way around the world.
“Nikkei Cuisine” is a name for Japanese-Peruvian fusion cuisine, an example of which is the highly popular “makis.”
Central, run by Chef Virgilio Martínez, is one of the most important Peruvian restaurants and is ranked the fourth best restaurant in the world by the prestigious “Restaurant” magazine.
It was carried to all corners of the globe by Peruvians that migrated to other continents.
Discover the world’s most popular Peruvian restaurants, as ranked by Xpat Nation magazine:
- Panca – New York, United States.
- La Mar – San Francisco, California, United States.
- Cassia – San Francisco, California, United States.
- Chifa Du Kang – Florida, United States.
- Lima Limon – Las Vegas, United States.
- Inca Wiracocha – San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Inti, modern Peruvian – Calgary, Canada.
- Nuna – Punta del Este, Uruguay.
- Osaka Ceviche Bar – Buenos Aires, Argentina (Nikkei Cuisine).
- Inkas – Bogotá, Colombia.
- Barandiarán – Santiago, Chile.
- Las Nazarenas – Mexico City, Mexico.
- La Tasca de Juancho – Caracas, Venezuela.
- La Carioca Cevicheria – Río de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Agua – Cayman Islands.
- Chotto Matte – London, United Kingdom (Nikkei cuisine)
- Lima – London, United Kingdom.
- Piscoteket – Oslo, Norway.
- Perú DeputaMare! – Bonn, Germany.
- Miraflores – Lyon, France.
- Vale un Perú – Turin, Italy.
- Tampu – Madrid, Spain.
- Tanta – Madrid, Spain.
- Casa Perú – Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- La Morena – Helsinki, Finland.
- Indio Kitchen – Stockholm, Sweden (Nikkei cuisine).
- El Sabor Andino – Antwerp, Belgium.
- Rosa Morena in Geneva, Switzerland.
- La Cusquenita – City of Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
- Lomo – Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Nikkei – Athens, Greece (Nikkei cuisine).
- Qosqo Ceviche Restaurant – Lisbon, Portugal.
- La chicha – Moscow, Russia.
- Vue Lounge & Bar – Istanbul, Turkey.
- Charango Grill Bar – Cape Town, South Africa.
- La Cuchara – Rabat, Morocco.
- Lima – Mumbai, India.
- Bepocah – Tokyo, Japan.
- Azul Tapas Lounge – Shanghai, China.
- Pico Pico – Taipei, Taiwan.
- Above Eleven – Bangkok, Thailand.
- Pisco Bar – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Chimú – Bali, Indonesia.
- Don Andrés – Quezon City, Philippines.
- The Act – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Peruvian fast food – Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Pastuso – Melbourne, Australia